CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

Our colorful weekend

Friday, Jeff and I took the girls to our last 2009 trip to the fair. They had a blast again. Braelyn can do the rides but had to do most alone since Happy is not big enough :( She didn't seem to mind but I can't wait till next year when they can ride together :) Lots of fun with our kids and close friends. Can you see the pic of me and Happy on the giant slide? I had a minor panic attack during that one! They won't let you hold the babies in your laps anymore.. they have to ride in the lane next to you and you can hold their hand. Well it goes FAST and she started slipping back and I was literally reaching over the other side to hold her up so I didn't lose her! She was giggling the whole time :) Can't wait until the fair next year!!

Chris and Kristie got here Friday night, after we got home from the fair, and they stayed the weekend. On Saturday, Jeff, Chris and all their boys went to Lubbock for the day and Kristie and I could not decide what to do for the rest of the weekend. So we decided to remake Happy's room, which was never painted in the first place. I knew we were going to do the colors off the quilt Kristie made her but I was hesistant about putting so much color in one room. I didn't want the room to look small or suffocate you when you walked in. So Kristie and I headed out to pick paint and chose the perfect colors. We did two walls (green and blue) and then took a break to go to dinner and came back to do the other two walls (opposite walls, both pink). It turned out perfect! We kept joking about how the green wall was getting brighter but it is an awesome color and the room looks great. It is very colorful, probably not everyones taste, but it is perfect for Happy and our house! Thanks, Kristie, you are the best!! :)
Here is the collage of us and our work in progress:


And here is the finished product! Kristie also made the valances on the tops of the windows to match the quilt and then we bought black curtains to go under them. I love it that it makes the room so dark for sleeping time and bright with colors and light when you pull the curtains back! It's awesome!

And after all that, we spent most of the day Sunday EATING, my favorite hobby! Hope your weekend was great too! Let me know what you think about Happy's new room!!

2 comments:

Kim Dempsey said...

Aww! I love the room its very cute and so bright it makes u smile =] I dont think you could ever be sad in that room!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I have heard so much about you through Abby, and thought I should officially say hi and stalk no more!! hah!