CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Something to look forward to..

How was your Labor Day weekend? Ours was half great and relaxing and half stressful and worrisome! Friday, Chris and Kristie got here and we enjoyed all weekend relaxing and eating and baking and shopping and watching kids! And then Monday morning came.. Braelyn woke up with 102 fever. I hadn't the slighest clue what was going on so I figured it was an ear infection. Of course, the pediatricians office was closed on Labor Day so I debated a trip to the emergency room until I found out the walk in clinic by ACU was open. We got ready and headed out the door just in time for Braelyn to projectile vomit all over the front porch.. lovely.  So I dropped off Brylee and got to the clinic early enough that the wait wasn't too long. Her ears were perfect so he did a strep test (throat gag) and flu test (booger scan). Strep was negative and flu.. positive! I was bummed.. my kids always get their flu shots but the flu has hit Abilene extra early this year and no one has the shot yet so here we are. He prescribed TamiFlu for all four of us, in hopes that no one else will catch it. So yesterday Jeff and I took care of one sick little girl, who actually slept about 18 out of the 24 hours, and tried to keep the girls apart.. mission almost impossible since they are obsessed with each other. Anyways, Braelyn is feeling slightly better today and so far, no one else is sick!

There is a light at the end of the flu tunnel on Thursday.. West Texas Fair and Rodeo! If you know me, I don't need to express my love for the Fair any longer. This is one of my favorite times of year! I love the rides, games, junk food, lights.. all of it! Last year I think we went 5 times in the 10 days it was open. It is an Abilene tradition and I am sure my kids will take these memories into adulthood. Saturday is the West Texas Parade and I cannot wait for that either!
Here is a collage of our Fair trips from last year.. Look how little Brylee was! 5 months old.. and Braelyn had just turned 2! :)

No comments: