CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Monster trucks and musicians

Thankfully, for Jeff, we have two little girls who aren't super girly. They are the perfect blend of tough, strong yet gentle little ladies. And with that being said Braelyn loves cars and monster trucks and babies, barbies and makeup. She is great! So when we heard there was a chance for us to see the monster trucks again in Abilene, Jeff, James and I jumped at the chance to take Braelyn and Dylan. Jamom and Jampa watched Happy because sitting in high rise bleachers with an antsy one year old just didn't sound like too much fun! I am always a little hesitant going to these events, knowing we will stick out like a sore thumb. I am in no way snooty and can get along with anyone but can I say that we are not, ahem, redneck at all? So, the kids had a great time watching the show and it was pretty entertaining. Even I was laughing and clapping at the huge trucks smashing cars and doing wheelies, it's pretty cool :)










But the highlight of my night was better than that.. A man walked in with his little boy and I immediately noticed he stuck out there more than us. He was sharply dressed, taking pictures of his little boy and was surronded by people. As the show went on, my brother noticed that everyone kept taking his picture. My brother is the world's biggest Texas country fan and said to me "I think that is Aaron Watson" and I was like "yes, that's it! That's who it is!" We knew he lived in Abilene but I didn't want to assume it was him and feel like an idiot so I got on my phone and googled him. The pictures looked like him so I checked his twitter page and BAM, he said he was at monster trucks with his son. So we waited till the show was over and I, embarrasingly, approached him and said "Are you Aaron Watson?" LOL He was so nice and took a picture with us and just talked. He was super friendly. I apologized for bothering him when he was out but he said no he loved meeting fans and he was so glad we came up. Here is the song he is most famous for.. 3rd Gear and 17. I have met a number of "famous people" and I can say he was the nicest I have ever met. He spent a couple minutes talking to us and talking to Dylan and shaking our hands. If you are not a fan of his, now is the time to jump on the band wagon. He was a great guy.. and can I say really cute? :)

UPDATE: After I posted this blog I found this great interview that Aaron Watson did back in March 2008. Go read it all but I will share my favorite part:
"I'm an Abilene, Texas boy. I'm not a Nashville, Tenn. guy. I've got a great little church that I attend every Sunday. And there's great school districts in our town, and you know, Abilene has just that old-timey feeling. And I'm gonna be honest with ya, At the end of my road, when I'm on my death bed, do you think I'm gonna be thinking of how many records I've sold? Honestly, my legacy is my music, my legacy is the life that I live and it's through my boys, the kind of men that they become. So I'm more worried about raising good Christian men than I am about becomin' famous worldwide. My philosophy is that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. I truly believe that. We don't drink and we don't act like rock stars. I run a Christian organization. I'm all about wherever I go, me and my boys tryin' to be a positive influence on whomever we're in contact with. It's really just about lovin' everybody. What we've done in five years, it's just absolutely unheard of and it's phenomenal. And that's because we've got a lot of folks prayin' for us, and a lot of folks wantin' to see us succeed. And we work really hard. So I'm absolutely just thrilled. Thrilled and so thankful that I can make music that I like and that people like it enough to buy it. I mean, think about how crazy that is."

No comments: