CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The House that Kerry Built

I am special posting tonight (from my cell phone as to not wake up my baby princess who is sleeping in my room) to share with you a special prayer request about The House that Kerry Built (THTKB) here in Abilene.
THTKB is a daycare for medically fragile children. All of the children there have special needs and have been attending there for little or no cost. I had the privledge of doing my college internship there back in the summer of 07. The place is amazing, the people are some of the best you will ever encounter and the children are simply the greatest. It was a life changing and mind altering expierence for me and I have always missed it since I left.
Unfortunatley, due to debt and a failing economy the THTKB daycare will be closed as of Monday morning. It is heartbreaking.
I need you to pray for several things: 1) that the amazing people who were laid off can find new jobs. Some of them have been there for many years and this is not a job to them. These children are there life and they are hurting so much right now. 2) Pray for the families of these children who are now struggling for child care for children with special needs. Pray there will be open doors for them and comfort for the hearts of these kids who will greatly miss THTKB. 3) Pray for the financial struggles of this company as they try to get back on there feet. Half of the business that does the home health care will still be open.
This is a sad time for many involved with THTKB and they could really use your prayers. I appreciate all who read this and spend some time with God on this matter.
Sorry for the brief summary but I am texting this all in and my fingers are... hurting!!! lol

No comments: