CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 26, 2009

Splashin' and Sparklin'

Do you love my new blog header? :) Fourth of July is my very. favorite. holiday. Hands down. I always go a little crazy about it! The girls dresses are from The Children's Place if you need to order one before next weekend! :)

Yesterday my brother, James, and I decided to drive all three kids to Eastland to their mini water park. It was so fun! The pool just has two kids slides, a big slide and a kids play area but to a five year old, two year old and one year old.. it was a blast! They were squealing like.. well.. little girls :) We will definitely being going back again this summer.
On the way back from Eastland we stopped, before city limits, to get some fireworks. I did walk in the huge firework store in soaking wet clothes with my swimsuit under them, haha. Anyways, we got the kids some kid version fireworks.. sparklers, smoke bombs and of course, those things that pop when they hit the ground. I did let them do them all last night so we will have to buy some more next week. I couldn't help it.. its my favorite holiday so we had to celebrate more than just one measly day! They went crazy with them! They also learned the word 'firework'.. apparently we don't usually discuss those around the house.. ha! All in all, a good day!

In other totally unrelated news.. while having lunch in Eastland, Texas at McDonalds I heard CNN on tv announce that Farrah Fawcett had died. I was a little taken back. It's kind of one of those moments when time stands still. I don't know why but I was pretty sad. I just watched her special on tv a couple on months ago. Unless you are heart less, it probably brought tears to your eyes. Farrah fought a long, hard battle. Then after swimming, we get home and I saw Perez Hilton write on Twitter that Michael Jackson had died. I immediately starting scanning the internet for other reliable sources, such as CNN.com, to wait for the official announcement, which did eventually come. What a shock! I wasn't even a die hard MJ fan but to lose two amazing American icons in one day was pretty unsettling. Not to mention, that Ed McMahon had died this week as well. I got to think about how we actually feel for people we don't even know. I mean, we grow up with these people as public figures and you start to feel some kind of connection them. I don't know, maybe it's just me but you know, you get excited about seeing their new babies, are anxious for their new movie or music and eventually we will hear that some of them has passed. Of course, as a Christian, I don't always agree with their lifestyles but I think America took a hard hit this week in the entertainment world. Two American ICONS: Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett will be missed.
You need to go watch this video of MJ's Dance Moves because no one will ever dance like Michael. Sorry, Justin Timberlake ;)
Hope your weekend if fun filled and sunny :)

No comments: