CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

King Ranch Chicken

Hey everybody! I made a delicious recipe last night and I just had to share it. However, I take no credit for this one. I stole it from Kelly's Korner Recipe Blog It was so easy and turned out perfect! I served it with Mexican style Rice-a-Roni and it was a hit at our house! Check out her blog for some more great ideas and desserts.. yum!

INGREDIENTS:

3-4 chicken breasts, boiled and cut into bite size pieces

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can rotel

1-2 cups cheddar cheese

Package of corn tortillas (small)

Tear the tortillas into small pieces and line the bottom of a pan. Mix together the soups, rotel and chicken and pour on top. Top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Seriously - it's that easy!

Two side notes:

1) I seriously had never boiled chicken before so I googled it (haha, I know). It was so easy. Throw thawed out chicken in big pan of water, heat to a boil, and then slower heat and let simmer 30-50 minutes (times depends on the size of chicken breasts, cut in to them and make sure they aren't still pink.. voila!)

2) We do not eat anything crazy at our house. By crazy I mean fat free, low calorie, low carb etc. My kids are tiny little things and I am always trying to fatten them up! So if you are looking for a diet meal, don't pick this one. As long my kids are eating meats, fruits and veggies everyday then I allow junk like snowcones, ice cream, candy because believe me, they need the extra sugar and fats!!

Try the King Ranch Chicken tonight! Your stomach (and family) will thank you :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love it! Might use it tonight!!

MommyJeffer said...

looks yummy!