CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Bed rest..


What fun would my life be if I didn't have a drama filled pregnancy (yes, sarcasm here).
On Tuesday, I went to my appointment, thinking it was a normal check up and was sent to the hospital because my blood pressure was high and I had a lot of swelling. They did some tests, ultrasounds and started a 24 hour urine collection (it is TMI, I know.. and nasty, for the record). My blood pressures were decent while I was there so she let me go home on bed rest. Good news is they did an ultrasound at the hospital and the baby looks very, very healthy. At 34 weeks 4 days, she was already estimating at 6lb 5oz and everything looked perfect.. actually measuring to be 36 weeks 4 days so we aren't worried about her being too small at this point.. which is a blessing.  Doctor told me to stay on bed rest till Thursday, praying it was a fluke, and that I could be freed to go back to work and carry this baby to February 3rd.
Thursday, I went back in to reevaluate. My blood pressure still high (but not really bad) and my 24 hr urine came back showing preeclampsia. The protein in my urine was very, very high. I had the same issue while pregnant with Happy and my numbers never got anywhere near where they are now with Happy's pregnancy. So, I am on bed rest from here on out. She moved up my c-section to January 26th, if we can make it that long and it might be the week before depending on how my appointments go next week.  I will just have to go to the doctor every couple days and see the high risk doctor, again, as well.
Like I said, did this all with my last pregnancy so unforunately I am an expert. I am happy to meet my third little princess earlier then planned (19 days away at this point) but bed rest is really hard for me! I am a go-er and a do-er and sitting and relaxing are not in my vocabulary. I know what I have to do to make sure Brittyn and I are safe so here we are and here we sit :)
I've had so many sweet messages, emails and texts.. I appreciate you all. I'm feeling okay, just slightly bored :) And Jeff.. is probably about to lose his mind on full time daddy duty and taking care of me.. gotta love him!
Will keep yall posted through the many, many appointments we will have the next few weeks!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

oh girl...sounds like my story except I had the girls once I knew I had it...yes the 24 hour urine test is NO fun. Hoping you make it as far as you can!!! Praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love you Corrie and am praying that Brittyn stays put until she is good and ready. I have faith that God will hear our prayers and protect you. If you need any help, let me know. I can't do much with my one good arm, but I can come visit and talk. We are both good at that. :) Let me know if you need anything. Love you so much!

Amanda said...

good Lord, I am not anonymous! This is Amanda, and you know how to reach me. Obviously, I don't do this blogspot stuff. :)