CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

5 updates!

Happy, Happy Tuesday! Sorry I didn't blog for a few days. It been a little extra crazy around here, which is not surprising. If you follow my blog, I think you already know I live in beautiful, blessed chaos and I wouldn't have it any other way :)
Here's what you missed the past couple of days and a couple things you need to be notified about: :)
1) Dylan's 5th Birthday Party
We had so much fun at The Jump Around on Saturday. Dylan had lots of kids there. It was great. In case you don't know, it's a place of giant inflatables.. slides, obstacle courses, bounce houses, so fun! He got so many lovely boy toys (I'm not a fan of boy toys so pick up on the sarcasm here). His cake turned out great and before the party his sweet cousin, Braelyn, even left some fingerprints in it! Thanks, Braelyn. Dylan appreciates it! :) I cannot believe he is 5 years old. I remember one long day back on April 12, 2004 in a hospital in Bedford, Texas waiting for the little boy who would make me an aunt! He has made me proud (almost) every second since! You are loved.

2) Easter

Easter morning my kids got to wake up to Aunt Kristie and Uncle Stinky still here to join in our Holiday fun. They got baskets with lots of goodies and too much candy. Braelyn dyed eggs the night before and did a great job. She was really into it this year and colored on them too! We went to lunch at Jeff's grandparents house and the kids had a little egg hunt. Overall fun day, great weather, great friends, great family. Since Easter was early in 2008 and Happy was born three days after Easter, this was her first Easter even though she is already one year old. Strange but she enjoyed every second of the day.

3) James is an idiot!

I apologize for the title but in case you don't know him, my brother is a little bit of an idiot! Haha, sorry. Easter night as I was about to begin the kids night time baths and get them into their pajamas, I got a call from my slightly intoxicated brother who had been at his friends house riding his dirt bike. Long story short, he fell off the back while going over a homemade ramp and rolled a few times. Somewhere in the process he cut the end of his finger almost completely off and got some mean road rash. I say almost because it was literally hanging by a piece of skin. I would post a picture but I am not sure you could handle it. After a very long night in the ER with people rotating watching my kids at home, James' finger was sewn back on in a very painful process. James lost a lot of blood and ending up on oxygen in the emergency room because of blood loss, low blood pressure, pain, shock, etc. The finger is also broken on the end so the doctor have basically said pray that the piece decides to reattach itself to the finger and that it will not eventually have to be removed. It is pretty painful so he might use a prayer or two. If you missed the whole meaning of this story, the moral is don't drink and ride dirt bikes! Thank you. And if you would like to personally make fun of my brother through email, text or a phone call, I would gladly release his personal phone number to any stranger for the simple pleasure of annoying him :)

4) A MUST READ:

Just found the blog last month and then yesterday it was on Oprah! If you haven't read about Matt Logelin and his daughter Madeline, you should go now. It is an amazing story of a father who became a single father when his daughter was only one day old in March 2008. His wife had a c-section after a difficult pregnancy and his premature daughter was sent to the NICU to be monitored. The next morning they went to get his wife to go hold her child for the first time and she stood up and fell back over to the ground almost instantly. She had a large blood clot that went straight to her lungs and killed her. Such a sad story but the father, Matt, has redefined fatherhood. He started a blog and people all over the world have offered to help and sent tips of taking care of newborns. There are thousands of people all over the world who follow this blog (so much so that Oprah took notice and had him on the show yesterday about inspiring fathers), it is a really neat story of overcoming. Go to his site here and read all the details about this Los Angeles family. If you want his story in a nutshell.. read this blog from Matt.

Side note: I read SO many good blogs.. I will try to make a post this week on some of my favorites!

5) Someone is actually reading this?
Last week my boring old blog got over 200 hits! I don't even know 200 people! Regardless, it is flattering to see my counter go up and my feedjit tell me where people all over the world are reading this. 200 is nothing compared to some blogs who get 20,000 a day (hello, MckMama!) but for a mom of two in exciting Abilene, Texas, it is pretty fun :) Hope I have something to offer you besides pictures of my kids.. haha! Thanks for reading!

No comments: