CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Shooting- Part 2

I hate to even blog about this but I will give you the update. I talked to my neighbor last night and she was obviously very upset but seems to be doing okay. They held a huge candle light vigil next door last night and it was pretty unreal to watch. The news reporters were, of course, there. The 10 o'clock news announced that a suspect is now in custody and they believe he is the only one they were looking for. Such a relief. Sadly, he was only 17 years old, why did he even have a gun available to kill someone?! He turned himself in. I know very little aside from what you probably have read but I know it was very late (early morning, I guess) and he was shot in the face several times. I will admit that it has been pretty draining talking about all this. The reporters knocking on our door has been almost non stop. Everyone wants to know something. I am grateful to live somewhere where this was the first murder in Abilene all year (just not cool that it happened right next door). I can't even imagine what the murder counts are in places like Dallas and Fort Worth right now (I just googled Fort Worth and it was in the 60's last year! Abilene had 7 last year..). Anyways, I feel safe here for the most part. I believe this was a domestic dispute involving two people and this was not a random act of violence. Hopefully justice will be served and lives will be changed from this event. Be praying for this family. Thanks for your myspace messages and comments, facebook comments and emails (lol that's a lot of contact) about concern for us and what happened next door..

No comments: