CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Can you hear me now?

The title is appropriate because we had a bad ear weekend/beginning to the week. Friday night, Happy went to sleep with a low fever. I gave her some Motrin, figured it was part of teething, and out she went. She woke up at 4 am with 103 degree fever! I took her to the doctor early Saturday morning and you guessed it.. double ear infection again! :( They started an antibiotic and she held on to her fever until late Sunday.. three full days of HIGH fever, coming and going between doses of Motrin. Needless to say, it was pretty miserable and sleep less. Sunday, she seemed to be improving so we agreed on a little outing to the zoo since it was really warm outside. We had a lot of fun! See Jeff's adorable pregnant cousin below? I can not wait until Baby Addison gets here! Anyways, all was clear (but probably still infected, we will see at the recheck) by Monday morning.
Which brings us to our next "ear related" problem. Monday, at lunch, I noticed the outside of Dylan's ear was red and he had scratched it. I told him to come here so I could look at it. The results were shocking! He had shoved a plastic, orange BB way down in his ear. After some scrambling, James and I took him to the ER (thanks, Ashley, for watching the girls!). The ER doctor could not get it out because it was really stuck. Dylan told us "I found it under my daddy's bed and it was shiny and orange so I shoved it in my ear.." Simple as that! LOL! I am not going to lie.. we tried a million things at home to try to get that little sucker out! Haha! It was not budging so they made him an appointment with the ear, nose and throat doctor for today. We just got back. The BB has been successfully removed but it was pretty brutal. It took me and two nurses pinning him down so the doctor could pry it out of his ear. It was very sad and pretty painful for him. In the end, I promised him ice cream and he sure did enjoy it! I am 99% sure his lesson was learned and probably Braelyn and Brylee will never put anything in their ears because they got to watch the torture at the doctor's office. So glad that is over. There's a moral here.. Here are the pictures of him in the big chair in the emergency room..
Hopefully we have a smoother rest of the week than our beginning! Whew..
Of course, I am not going to stop nagging you until you donate to my March of Dimes walk that I will be doing here in Abilene on April 25th. So here is what you can do.. go HERE and read all about my team and why we have chosen to participate in this event and then.. go donate to my team! We are trying to raise $1000 for March of Dimes and even your ONE DOLLAR will help!!
Have a blessed week! I'll let you know when more drama unfolds.. never a boring day in my life! ;)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: