CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What are you thankful for?

Today on the way back from a present shopping trip to Walmart, I was asking the kids what they were thankful for. I described to a 2 year old and 4 year old what it means to be thankful and told them how we are blessed. I asked Braelyn what she was thankful for and she said "I am fankful (thankful) for my toys!" Not exactly what I was getting at but I am sure a 2 year old is thankful for toys. Dylan said he was thankful for "my daddy and daddy's truck". All boy, but good answer :)
So Dylan decided to ask me what I was thankful for and I went on and on listing everyone and everything I was thankful for so they would see how much we have to be thankful for. At the end I added "OH! And I am thankful that it's sunny today and beautiful and warm!" Dylan quickly repiled "I am NOT thankful for the sun cause it's always shining in my eyes!" I could not help but laugh. It's true, the sun IS always in our eyes. So we are going to be thankful we can go buy sunglasses ;) Oh, I love kids! I think I should write a book of things Dylan and Braelyn say.. Haha!
Count your blessings.. but don't count the sun! ;)

No comments: