CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

A week of firsts..

or at least first tries! Our babies are officially growing like weeds. Let me fill you in...
  • Brylee is learning to walk. There are so many attempts everyday and so far, only one, maybe two, steps but she is getting close. She thinks it is hilarious to try to walk and giggles the whole time. It is so entertaining to watch her. Brylee is also being weaned off the bottle (cue scary music here). She loves bottles and really doesn't want to take a sippy cup but mommy is determined and this week she has had apple juice and regular milk from the cuppy (since she will be one in two weeks). Hopefully in the next couple weeks we can be formula/bottle free!

Who could resist these cheeks? We love her so much!

    This is a walking attempt..

  • Braelyn is a pacifier baby/toddler/big girl. She has loved her "sucker" since the day she was born. I have always defended her and let her have it since I used mine till I was probably 3 years or older (Aunt Bev, how old was I? Too old I know!). So at age 2, I only semi laid down the law. I said sucker only when she was sleeping, naps or at night. That has worked for the past seven months. Now, Braelyn is pushing 3 and I decided it's gotta go. Since I know there would be no weaning process for her, we just went cold turkey. So far, so good. We are only on week 3 of no pacifier at all. I will say this.. when Braelyn and Brylee are sleeping with us (which is almost every night) occasionally I will wake up and Braelyn will have stole the sucker from her little sister. Haha, I allow it for a second and then give it back to the baby. Braelyn is still a baby too, right? :) Anyways, I am proud of her for knowing it was time for the sucker to go and hopefully, we don't have a regression!

  • Big girl, Braelyn, before gymnastics last week! She is so cute!

  • And finally, Dylan. My rotten little nephew (haha) will be 5 in April and his Daddy decided it was time for the training wheels to go off the bike. This is long overdue and he has gone way too long dependent on the training wheels. So the weather has been nice (well the first of the week and last weekend, it's 35 and raining now!) so it was time. James took them off and tried, tried, tried to teach Dylan. Dylan was trying too but he was really not into it and not quite getting the balance and that you have to put your feet down when you stop. So, ultimately, the training wheels went back on BUT they will be off for good in the near future (think: next week). Dylan made good effort though with only one little fit of "I want them back on NOW!" Haha! We are still proud! Here he is being taught by daddy:

Moment of truth: Daddy was taking the training wheels off...

If you haven't already donated to my March of Dimes walk, now is the time! :) Visit my site at http://www.marchforbabies.org/cel02a This is a great organization and an awesome opportunity to give back!

No comments: