CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Update

We had a fun weekend, as always. Friday night, Chris and Kristie got here and we didn't do much... watched a movie and went to sleep. Saturday, Kristie and I got up early and went and got things to begin our "baking day". We made cute cupcakes, cupcake pops and the giant cupcake. We had bad luck, to say the least. The pops are SO hard! Help, Bakerella, lol! I am going to try them again but we ended up scratching the mini-cupcake idea and just made cake pops (balls). I am determined though so I will let you know how it turns out. The giant cupcake was better than previous tries but still not perfect. For some reason, it burns on the outside and is still batter in the middle. It's too deep of a pan. All the blogs I have been reading on the pan say it's really hard to get right so I am doing a little more searching cause I know we can do better than we did! STRESS, I want it all to be perfect for the party. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of the baking.. I forgot cause I was so annoyed with it all, I guess.
Saturday night, Jeff's parents had volunteered to watch the kids so we could go out. Yay! I always miss them but it's fun to spend time with friends sans kids :) We took Chris and Kristie to eat at one of our favorites, Fuji's Japanese Steak House. It was delicious and we had fun. Nick and Maher met us there and Virginia and Ashley came a long too. We had fun! Here are some pictures from dinner..
Sunday morning, we got up and had breakfast at Ihop and then picked up the kids around lunch. They had fun at Jamom and Jampa's. We took them to the park to play since we had missed them. I got so many cute pictures of them at the park.. so I had to share. Sweet Happy was being a big girl swinging, sliding and crawling thru tunnels. Oh, how we love her! What a good addition she was ;)

And of course, my baby Braelyn had fun too! She is such a kid, not baby now! Makes me sad! :( I miss my BABY Braelyn but she is having so much fun being independent and bossing us around :) I couldn't live without her..

Here is all of us playing together... I love these guys!

Well, that about sums it up! Good fun with good friends and family.. seems to be my life's theme :)

1 comment:

Linda Frances said...

What temp. did you cook your big cup cake at?

Try cooking at a lower temp. for a longer length of time. If you cook a regular cake at 300 degrees for a longer length of time - check with tooth pick in the middle to be sure it is done or take out when the sides of the cake pulls away from the pan - by cooking at a lower temp. the middle of the cake does not rise and you have a flat cake to decorate -

So by cooking at a lower temp. the inside of the big cup cake should cook evener (is that a word) than at a higer temp.

Try to lower temp. and kept me posted if this works so I can tell Suzanne.