CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One year ago today..

One year ago today, I was a nervous, anxious, excited disaster. I was 30 (almost 40) pounds heavier and much more tired. I knew that coming the next day I would be delivering my second precious princess. I was at the finish line with a really hard pregnancy full of really high blood pressure, too many appointments and ultrasounds and a few hospital stays. I was emotionally drained and ready to hold my precious baby. I was worried about her being too small, since she was being taken early, and even more worried about her being healthy and not affected by all the problems I had while she was in me. I wrote on a blog on my MySpace on this day, last year, and here is what it said:

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!! :)
Well here we are.. tomorrow we will have TWO princesses! It seems so unreal.. I am soo nervous but ready to be there and have my sweet Brylee to hold! This pregnancy has been so much tougher than when I had Braelyn.. I feel like I worked so hard for Brylee but I know she will be worth it! It's hard for me to comprehend that tomorrow I will be the mommy of 2!! Jeff and I have been so blessed with Braelyn and it's hard to explain how your heart grows when you have a baby (unless you are a mom and then you know) and I can't wait to see how much more joy we have when Brylee is here to love too!
I know I have so much that I need to do today to get ready for tomorrow but I keep finding myself on the floor playing with Braelyn... I feel like this is the last time it's just me and her.. it's bittersweet! I just have to think of it as next week we will have a new play buddy and I know as Braelyn and Brylee grow up together they will love that they always had each other to make their life more fun! I can't wait to watch them grow up together and hear all the little giggles our house is gonna be filled with!! There is just something special about having girls... you feel the need to protect them so much and shelter them from everything bad in the world! They are so innocent and sweet.. even when they are bad! LOL I can remember the first time I held Braelyn and the first time I heard her cry and I can't wait to have all those memories with Brylee too.
Well I'm off to get some things accomplished before the big day and we appreciate all the prayers for tomorrow. I know Brylee will be here happy and healthy before I know it! Love you guys!

Can you tell I was freaking out? Haha! Little did we know what was in store for us the following day. I will wait till tomorrow to share all the details of Brylee's birth and that expierence. Here I am today, one year later, still filled with excitement and still thinking this is all bittersweet. I cannot wrap my mind around my baby being ONE tomorrow. She has filled our lives with more joy than we could have ever imagined. Brylee Faith, our Happy, your mommy and daddy love you more than you will ever know.. and Braelyn Grace too! Sweet, sweet little girls.. the world is a better place because of you!

And just for your entertainment and giggles.. this is what I looked like 37 weeks pregnant with Brylee (and turning my face so they would quit taking pictures of me!).

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You looked great!!! It's fun looking back I'm sure!!! Happy birthday little girl!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh your girls are so freaking cute too!!!!