CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Happy!

We made it! Happy is officially one year old! I can't believe it!
Here we were one year ago today.. (click on the collage)
Brylee Faith
March 26, 2008
7:51 am
7lb 13 oz
20 1/4 inches long
This is Brylee today in her birthday shirt I made. It says "Happy Birthday to ME!" My silly, sweet baby. Brylee and Braelyn keep us laughing all day long..
Here is the blog I wrote on my MySpace just a couple days after she was born..
Well Brylee Faith finally made it here! We went to the hospital at 5:00 AM on Wednesday and they got me all prepped and started an IV and I got to answer lots of questions. About 7:00 the anetheseologist came in and talked to me all about my spinal and how she does them. She was honestly one of the most amazing people I have ever met. She sat next to me during the surgery and talked me thru the whole thing and let me ask her a million questions. She was such a blessing. My doctor came in at 7:15 and said baby was looking great on the monitor and let's do this! :) Most of our family and friends were there at this point and I got to hug everyone as they wheeled me back. Jeff and I were both nervous wrecks now and shaking when we got back to the operating room! Jeff got all scrubbed up. They sat me on the table, I leaned forward on Jeff and they gave me a spinal.. which was the most painless thing ever! They laid me down, hooked me up to the monitors and I began to feel very numb. It's weird cause the spinal takes so much pain away that it feels like you arent breathing but the anestheseologist kept reassuring me that I was breathing perfect and she had an ear piece in her ear listening to my chest which was cool. They did some pinch tests to make sure I wasn't feeling pain (which I could still feel at first but we waited a couple more minutes) and then they began the surgery. I felt no pain at all but lots of pressure and pulling. Since Brylee was fairly large they almost had to lay on me to push her down while the doctor was pulling her out.. that defintley felt a little awkward but still no pain. Brylee came out screaming (which is always a good thing) and they lifted her over the sheet so I could see her... my second sweet princess! Jeff's first comment was she looks just like Braelyn.. and she does! I was so relieved she was there and healthy. I wanted to know how much she weighed and all that because I had been so worried about her being too small but they had to take her to the nursery first to find out. Jeff and Brylee went off to the nursery while I was sewn up for the next 45 minutes.. it seemed like forever cause I was ready to go hold her! It was very cool, I was so alert this time and remember everything. They called back to the OR to tell me she was 7lb 13 oz and 20 1/4 inches long.. I was sooo relieved! She was big and healthy.. very good for two weeks early! I was then taken down to the recovery room for a couple of hours and everyone came to see her. We spent the next two nights at the hospital and I was ready to walk the very next morning. This c-section was seriously almost painless.. I got up took a shower, walked down the hall with no problem at all. I feel so blessed after my cesarean with Braelyn was really hard and a really hard recovery! I also had no staples this time which helps.. only dissolving stiches. Even since I have been home I am feeling VERY little pain and almost none at all now which is cool cause I can actually get around and take care of the girls. Everyone says your second one is easier and believe me IT IS!
Of course, everyones question is how is Braelyn liking her.. and she is doing awesome! The first time she came into to see her she kinda panicked and wanted nothing to do with her but she warmed up by the end of the day. Now she is obsessed with her.. always wanting to hold her, give her bottles and shove the pacifier in her mouth lol! She hasn't seemed to be jealous yet but we are really going out of our way to spend time with her when the baby is sleeping so she doesnt think her whole life just changed. She's a very good big sister.
I am feeling VERY blessed to have two happy, healthy and beautiful little girls and I cannot wait to watch them grow! I really appreciate everyone who came to see us and meet Brylee and your messages and prayers made everything more special. Love you guys!
Makes me smile to read it all over again. What a fun day that was! I am spending today playing with the kids and baking Brylee a cake to eat tonight. Of course, she will have a big party this weekend but I wanted to do something special for her today too. You only get ONE first birthday! :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday! Love the shirt you made. Very cute!