CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Enough Rope

If you keep up with my exciting (okay, I know it's boring.. haha) blog, then you probably have picked up on the fact that I use this as not only a way to document my perfect, precious childrens every move but also to share things on my heart. I'm not sure what the point of it is (maybe I should take up preaching lol) but somewhere through the past 25 years packed with many great trials and tribulations, I felt like I have something to share.. that God had given me something to say sometimes. Actually, I think He uses us all. We all have "something to say" sometimes.

So hear I go again.. sorry..
My brother played this song for me a couple of weeks ago and it really has been on my heart since then. Go watch the YouTube video and ignore that Chris Knight, the singer, might have the world's worst (or best) southern drawl :) Listen to the words..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGXtkSyFAg

I really don't want to post all the lyrics because you need to hear the lyrics sang and listen to the tune but the part that hits home to me says:
Well I’m thankful for the things I have,
And all the things I don’t.
And I’ve got dreams that will come true,
And I’ve got some that won’t.
Most the time I just walk the line wherever it goes.
‘Cuz you can’t hang yourself if you ain’t got enough rope.
I am really am thankful that I don't have everything and I really am thankful for what I do have. This might be one time when it is okay to be mediocre. I want the same for my kids. I want them to know desire and longing but I also want them to be taken care of and comfortable enough to thrive. Aside from the fact that I really dont like that he uses the example of "hanging yourself" but it does prove the point. I won't explain more because I think the song speaks for itself so go listen..
((stepping off my soapbox once again))
:)

No comments: