CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 13, 2009

Not Me! Monday



One of my favorite blogs is of MckMama at My Charming Kids. You might remember me asking for yall to pray for her son, Stellan, who was born with a heart condition, a while back. Anyways, her blog is too cute with so many great ideas and recipes :) One of my favorite things she does is Not Me! Monday's in which you can confess some things that you may or may done have done in your life. They are hilarious and she encourages all of her blog readers to continue posting Not Me! Mondays on their own blogs. Go read her post from last Monday to get the idea.. here. This one is my first so here goes.. :)

Last week, I definitely did not go purchase caffeinated, sugar packed beverages for my children who are on sugar free (mostly) diets just because they were grumpy and I was tired of listening to them whine. That is encouraging bad eating habits and loading them with high fructose corn syrup.. gasp! I would never do that!

My husband and I did not laugh our heads off, hiding behind a magazine, when my precious child said a curse word and then gain my composure back to talk to her about words that "we do not say"! I would never thinking cussing is funny especially not from the mouth of that sweet little face!

I did not indulge my afternoon snack craving with a spoon FULL of icing from the jar. No one ever eats icing straight on a spoon. That would be so unhealthy and imagine all the calories. That's just gross! I can't believe "some people" do that!

I certainly did not allow my eyes to fill with tears when my 15 month old was stuck with two shots at her check up last week. I am the mother of 2 and have witnessed many, many shots given to my children. I can handle it now and would simply comfort my baby without acting like a baby myself. And while we are talking about how I will not cry at appointments.. I did not crying rather hard when the dentist told me my 2 two year old had her first cavity. Most kids get cavities and I would not be upset over that.. certainly not so upset that the dental hygientist went out of her way to reassure me that I was a "great mom and great tooth brusher but all kids get cavitites"! I will not tear up over my children almost every day...

Did you like my "non-confessions" of what some moms do but certainly not me? I did laugh while writing them.. Hope you enjoy! Happy Monday! :)

No comments: